The Affordable Housing Team of the Year Award honors an affordable elderly, family and/or disabled housing property’s team (at a minimum, the “team” must include the service coordinator and property manager; additional staff at the property that can be included: maintenance, activities, administrative and transportation staff) who:
- Demonstrates extraordinary teamwork as a building staff to improve the lives of their residents
- Exceeds expectations of the affordable housing property’s team job duties and forms a strong professional relationship with one another
- Works together to significantly impact and enhance the lives of their residents
The team from Canterbury Court was the 2019 Affordable Housing Team of the Year. The 10-person property team embodies Episcopal Retirement Services’ philosophy of supporting older adults to live with dignity and independence for as long as possible. From seemingly small tasks, such as work orders being submitted and completed within the same day, to organizing community events and activities, this hardworking and dedicated team inspired a 70-year-old resident to say that Canterbury Court is “not just an apartment building, but a community living at its best.”
Each nomination must include a letter of recommendation from each of the following:
- Two residents to speak to how the property’s team is a benefit to the property or themselves specifically
- One staff member/administrator from the management company or housing organization
- One additional letter of recommendation of the nominator’s choice (community providers or partners, elected officials, etc.)
To be eligible for the Affordable Housing Team of the Year award, the service coordinator of the team must be a current AASC member. The affordable housing team members must be in their current positions for at least one year prior to the National Service Coordinator Conference.
The service coordinator and property manager for the winner of the Affordable Housing Team of the Year Award will receive:
- Monday-Wednesday conference registration
- CEU certificate
- three (3) nights lodging at the Gaylord National (room and tax only)
The deadline for nominations is April 2, 2020.
For further information, contact Therese Foust at (614) 848-5958 ext. 103, or email@example.com.